Our grandfather Frank was a well-known Blacksmith in the Ballarat region, and at the heart of a Blacksmith’s shop is a fire they call the Forge. With a combination of the fire, great skill and plenty of hard work, great things are created. Take a look at our wood fire oven and you’ll know why we are “The Forge”.
Established in 2010 by brothers Chris and Tim Matthews, The Forge Pizzeria creates delicious woodfired pizzas and hand-made pastas made with the finest local produce and fresh high quality deli ingredients. We pride ourselves on pizza perfection, passion and a fun laid-back atmosphere. There is a fully serviced 200 seat restaurant in Armstrong Street, Central Ballarat, which complements the 20 seat take-away store in Sturt Street, Alfredton. We also have a full off-site catering service with rolling mobile pizza ovens that operate at various events and private functions around the State.
Once your pizza is ordered, its action a plenty. Using our fresh healthy dough recipe, the stretcher starts stretching the base, great viewing in itself. The makers add the right amount of ingredients, which have all been freshly prepared on our premises, into the woodfire oven and then the magic happens. Fresh, healthy and woodfired.
Don't take our word for it though, here are just a couple of awards that we have won recently:
- 2014 The Age Good Food Under $30 - Winner 'Traveller Country Champ' category
- 2013 Golden Plate Awards - Winners in the ‘Restaurant Casual Dining’ category
- 2013 Golden Plate Awards - Highly Commended in the ‘Licensed Cafe’ category
- 2012 Golden Plate Awards – Winners in the 'Best Customer Service' category
- 2012 Golden Plate Awards – 'Best Value for Money' category.
- 2013 CGU Commerce Ballarat Business Excellence Awards – Winners of the Cafe and Pubs Award